|If you suspect that your girlfriend is already pregnant, we want you to know that Aid For Women® has a wealth of resources and information that specifically address your needs as a man. We can provide you with accurate information and practical support regarding issues such as:
- Pregnancy options
- Rights and responsibilities of fathers
- How to become an effective father
- Establishing paternity
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- How to support the baby's mother
- Continuing your education
If your girlfriend’s pregnancy test is negative, here are some things to think about and questions to ask yourself:
- Condoms and other birth control methods fail and cannot guarantee that your girlfriend will not become pregnant.
- If your girlfriend became pregnant would you leave her?
- Are you ready to support a child with your time, energy and money for at least the next 18 years?
- Will you go with your girlfriend to tell her parents the news?
- Are you willing to give your child a two-parent family?
- Know that you have no legal say in the choice your girlfriend makes with the baby. She may decide to keep the baby or to have an abortion...in either case are you prepared to live with that decision for the rest of your life?
- Would you be willing to release your child for an adoption?
- Are you willing to learn all about abortion so that you can anticipate possible medical complications and possible relationship problems?
The decisions you make today will affect you for the rest of your life. So, get the information that you and your girlfriend need. At Aid For Women®, we can help answer your questions and provide you with factual information so that you can make an informed decision.